COMSAT Technical Reviews - 1971-1995
The full set of COMSAT Technical Review are available online due to the hard work of several alumni - primarily Steve Teller and the late Mike Hulley.
You will need to have a portable document reader installed on your
computer to view these files. Most computers already have this.
You can Get Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
A Statement of Purpose -- From CTR Volume 1
After six years of successful commercial communications via satellite, it is clear that this new technology is making, and will continue to make, significant contributions to human affairs. Although satellite communications are the product of important scientific and technical advances, there is no technical periodical anywhere devoted exclusively to this subject.
COMSAT is privileged to have played a pioneering role in establishing the global commercial communications satellite system, and in the advancement of a satellite technology which is steadily growing in complexity and magnitude. The technical achievements so far have been impressive indeed. But achievement of the full potential of satellite communications depends in large measure on research and technical work yet to be done.
It is appropriate, therefore, that this Corporation, with extensive research and technical capabilities of its own, undertake publication of the first technical periodical devoted exclusively to satellite communications. This is the first issue of that journal, the COMSAT TECHNICAL REVIEW. The goals are:
- To address a world-wide community of engineers, scientists and others whose activities are related to communications satellite technology.
- To provide a medium for the presentation of the various aspects, trends and applications of satellite communications. .
- To promote the understanding and use of communications satellites, and to contribute to a broader application of their benefits to meet expanding communications requirements around the world.
The COMSAT TECHNICAL REVIEW will cover scientific and technical aspects of satellite communications in the areas of soacecraft_ earth stations and communications processing, including systems, components and techniques. The spectrum of papers will be broad, ranging from the highly specialized to the general and tutorial. Papers selected for publication by the Editoral Board will be characterized by high standards of quality, originality, timeliness and permanence of value. It is our high hope that the COMSAT TECHNICAL REVIEW will contribute to greater technical understanding and achievement in satellite communications.
JOSEPH V. CHARYK
Communications Satellite Corporation
Washington, D. C.
November 19, 1971
- CTR Cumulative Index 1971-1992 [pdf]
- CTR V01-1 Fall 1971 [pdf]
- CTR V02-1 Spring 1972 [pdf]
- CTR V02-2 Fall 1972 - Intelsat IV [pdf]
- CTR V03-1 Spring 1973 [pdf]
- CTR V03-2 Fall 1973 [pdf]
- CTR V04-1 Spring 1974 [pdf]
- CTR V04-2 Fall 1974 [pdf]
- CTR V05-1 Spring 1975 [pdf]
- CTR V05-2 Fall 1975 [pdf]
- CTR V06-1 Spring 1976 [pdf]
- CTR V06-2 Fall 1976 [pdf]
- CTR V07-1 Spring 1977 - Comstar [pdf]
- CTR V07-2 Fall 1977 [pdf]
- CTR V08-1 Spring 1978 [pdf]
- CTR V08-2 Fall 1978 [pdf]
- CTR V09-1 Spring 1979 [pdf]
- CTR V09-2A Fall 1979 - TDMA [pdf]
- CTR V09-2B Fall 1979 [pdf]
- CTR V10-1 Spring 1980 -- WARC 1979, GEO Log [pdf]
- CTR V10-2 Fall 1980 [pdf]
- CTR V11-1 Spring 1981 [pdf]
- CTR V11-2 Fall 1981 [pdf]
- CTR V12-1 Spring 1982 [pdf]
- CTR V12-2 Fall 1982 [pdf]
- CTR V13-1 Spring 1983 [pdf]
- CTR V13-2 Fall 1983 [pdf]
- CTR V14-1 Spring 1984 [pdf]
- CTR V14-2 Fall 1984 [pdf]
- CTR V15-1 Spring 1985 [pdf]
- CTR V15-2A Fall 1985 [pdf]
- CTR V15-2B Fall 1985 -- TDMA for Intelsat [pdf]
- CTR V16-1 Spring 1986 -- TDMA for Intelsat [pdf]
- CTR V16-2 Fall 1986 [pdf]
- CTR V17-1 Spring 1987 -- GEO Satellite Log [pdf]
- CTR V17-2 Fall 1987 [pdf]
- CTR V18-1 Spring 1988 -- with GEO Satellite Log [pdf]
- CTR V18-2 Fall 1988 -- Inter-Satellite_Links [pdf]
- CTR V19-1 Spring 1989 [pdf]
- CTR V19-2 Fall 1989 [pdf]
- CTR V20-1 Spring 1990 -- with GEO Satellite Log [pdf]
- CTR V20-2 Fall 1990 -- Intelsat VI Commsunications System [pdf]
- CTR V21-1 Spring 1991 -- Intelsat VI Spacecraft Design [pdf]
- CTR V21-2 Fall 1992 -- Intelsat VI Spacecraft Operation [pdf]
- CTR V22-1 Spring 1992 -- Intelsat VI Signal Processing [pdf]
- CTR V22-2 Fall_1992 -- Intelsat VI SSTDMA [pdf]
- CTR V23-1 Spring 1993 -- IOT [pdf]
- CTR V23-2 Fall 1993 [pdf]
- CTR V24-1-2 1994-1995 -- INT-K, INT-VII, INT-VIIA [pdf]