7th Annual COMARA/IRAA & Intelsat Summer Picnic - May 22
Last year there were 76 persons in attendance. This year, we are anticipating to reach the century mark in attendance and hope you can make it. This event is a lot of fun getting together with old friends and colleagues from Intelsat/Comsat days by gone and current Intelsat for some good food/drink and camaraderie. The cost is just $12.00 for members, $12.00 for one guest, and $15.00 for each additional guest and non-members. As is customary for this event, there will be plenty of good food/drinks and raffle prizes for lucky winners.
Please see below announcement posted on the IRAA website
IRAA/COMARA 2016 Picnic.
Your RSVP/payment for the picnic must be received by Friday, May 6
||Sun May 22, 2016|
||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
||Seneca Creek State Park (Buck Pavilion)|
Members: $12.00 ea; spouse or 1 guest: $12.00 ea.|
Additional guests and non-members: $15.00 ea.
||Burgers, hot dogs, Crisp 'N Juicy chicken and refreshments|
Note: Pls let us know if you prefer vegan only.
Note: Pls let us know if you would like to attend but will need help with transportation.
The last three picnics held at Seneca Creek State Park in
2012, 2013 & 2014 were a big success with 70+ members and spouses/guests
from COMARA & IRAA along with current and former Intelsat staff
attending each event. Why mess with a good thing,
so this year's event will once again be held at
Seneca Creek State Park on Sun, 17th May.
The same delicious menu will be offered as well.
Pls mail check payable to:
Intelsat Retirees and Alumni Association
c/o Satpal Chhabra
P.O. Box 40027
Washington, DC 20016-0027
Note: Payment must be rcvd not later than Fri May 6.
Alternatively, you may make payment via PayPal on the IRAA website:
- Click on Click to Pay.
- Enter new Amount-to-Pay: (override $20.00 with new amount to be paid)
- Click on Enter new Amount-to-Pay
Note: Amount to pay is: will change from $20.00 default to new amount)
- Click on Begin Payment Process via PayPal
Maps and Seneca Creek State Park Information
Directions to Seneca Creek State Park (from Washington, D.C., Virginia, and points South):
- Take I-270 north towards Frederick, Maryland
- Take Exit 10, Route 117 (Clopper Road)
- At the bottom of the ramp take a right
- Park is about 2 miles ahead on your left
- Go to the main Park entrance kiosk - you will have to pay an entrance fee, so bring some cash:
- MD residents: $3.00/person
- Out-of-state residents: $5.00/person
- After you've gone through the gate, make a right at sign to Recreation Areas.
- Go about 1 mile (passing picnic areas Cardinal, Chickadee, Kingfisher, Bluejay & Nuthatch) until you come to a stop sign.
- Turn left at the stop sign towards Deer Ridge & Quail Ridge.
- Go about .6 mile (passing Fawn & Doe picnic areas) to Buck Pavillion to the right.
- There should be ample parking; else, there is some overflow spaces up ahead on the left.
Questions? Email Anita Saltos at
email@example.com or Alan Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
IRAA Social Committee